2009 Seeding Round Results, statistics and graph

6 replies [Last post]
Jake_Hall
Jake_Hall's picture
Title: RocketBot
User offline. Last seen 7 years 11 weeks ago.

Here is a little excel sheet I put together from the information that was posted on Botball's homepage. The scoring field was spread out for more then I first imagined thinking all teams would score in the 100's at least once.

Attached is the zip folder that has the Excel file inside.

AttachmentSize
Botball 2009 GCER Seeding Round Data.zip10.49 KB

Jake Hall
College Student

~Grand Valley State University Team Leader~
Beyond Botball: * Trinity College Robotics: * Mircomouse: * DARPA 2012:

stevenrobot
stevenrobot's picture
Title: NooBot+
User offline. Last seen 8 years 21 weeks ago.

Cool. Nice Graph. :-)

matthewbot
Title: YAC
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago.

Pretty cool! This makes me want to implement score tracking on the website a la FIRST...

--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.

Albert Einstein

Project Quadcopter: http://quadcopter.wordpress.com/

Jeremy Rand
Jeremy Rand's picture
Title: Botball Youth Advisory Council
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago.

Or perhaps integrate it into the video uploading system that we keep talking about.

E.g. seed scores are shown at the end of a video, and it shows how the team ranks compared to the other teams that have made a run, e.g. "Seeding Round 2: 35 Points, Ranked #12/30". Also, after a D.E. match, it shows the 2 teams, with their status before the match ("Undefeated" or "1 Loss"), and then replaces one team's status to reflect their loss ("1 Loss" or "Eliminated"). Then it would show the resulting placement of the teams, e.g. "14th Place in D.E.", "Advances to Match 32 (Winners' Bracket)", or "Advances to Match 33 (Losers' Bracket)".

Heh, this could be fun to play around with. And now that we have camera source code to work with, and the new Chumby firmware is supposed to fix the higher camera resolutions, making the simple stuff work shouldn't be too hard. Maybe the new Chumby firmware will even fix ffmpeg.

-Jeremy Rand
Senior Programmer, Team SNARC (2012-2013), Norman Advanced (2010-2011), Norman HS (2008-2009), Norman North (2005-2007), Whittier MS (2003-2004)
2012-2013 VP of Tech, 2011 President, Botball YAC (2009-2013)
Mentor, Alcott and Whittier MS

JeffChan
JeffChan's picture
Title: YAC
User offline. Last seen 8 years 15 weeks ago.

@Jeremy,

Fantastic idea to integrate into the video system. For match archives, we could have each match associate with a video. (Ex)

Jeff Chan
Evergreen Valley High School Robotics
facebook.com/jeffchan
twitter.com/jeffchan
jeffchan.org
evhsrobotics.com

Jake_Hall
Jake_Hall's picture

I agree with the Bluealliance.net Matt, that website is really nice for when teams are scouting teams or just to see how the other side of the country is doing in scores.

I would love to see Botball have that large of site in the next few years, and a community along the lines of chiefdelphi.com

Jake Hall
College Student

Jake_Hall
Jake_Hall's picture

Oh, and thanks Matt and Steven for the compliments! Future reputation points for you when its up on the forum! <('-'<)

Jake Hall
College Student