Bot Ball 2014 Board

18 replies [Last post]
Ben jamin'
Ben jamin''s picture
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago.

Okay so I know that there is leaked information on the 2014 board on Face Book, but for some whom might not have Face Book do not get the information. I however have a Face Book, but forgot the password! So I thought it would be helpful for most people to have the information, like myself. So if there is info any of you "Bot Ballers" can give to us people who do not have a Face Book. I do believe that there is going to be stack involved, but correct me if I am wrong. Anyway please help and thank you for your time!

YuSheng.Chen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 44 weeks ago.

Stacking seemed to be really popular last year, and this topic was discussed in another post. But, stacking is in my opinion 99% going to be in this year's game.

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 44 weeks ago.

@YuSheng.Chen: I agree with you YuSheng. Stacking will probably be implemented into this years game board. However, I am pretty sure that Botball will also include color sorting with 2 or more colors because color sorting has really proved it to be a challenge for many teams. (I posted a reply on another thread about the Botball board. Look on the Botball list of threads and you will see one that is name New 2014 Botball Game.)

Ashwin Chakraborty
User offline. Last seen 3 years 52 weeks ago.

@Harrison Cassar: I agree Harrison and Yusheng stacking will probably be in the new botball game.

Chad Compton
Chad Compton's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 4 weeks ago.

I agree too, but maybe we will be stacking cubes or something that is totally not boosters

eduong100
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago.

I have a feeling that the new game will try to include more ways to score with sensors. Of course the new game has not come out yet, so nobody is too sure.

Chad Compton
Chad Compton's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 4 weeks ago.

some how i think that you are wrong. Only because they give u so many ways to use sensors but nobody uses them. Not AGREEING

Brandon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago.

I don't think that we will be stacking anything but the boosters because what would we use the boosters for if they even have them.

YuSheng.Chen

As a matter of fact, everybody uses sensors. Only your school, Palm Desert Charter Middle School doesn't use sensors. Quite impressive how much of a failure those teams were last year. But, Chad, sensors are getting better and better so we WILL have more sensor oriented objectives.

Ben jamin'
Ben jamin''s picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago.

A couple of days ago my teacher, Mr.Clark, showed us a picture by bot ball. The picture look like 3D cubes at different levels. It also kinda looked like a lot of sticky notes all together. I am not sure what this could be, but I just thought I should threw it out there.

YuSheng.Chen

Two years ago, we had to use our robots and collect kelp. Kelp is basically pieces of paper so those sticky notes could be similar to the kelp.