Bot Ball 2014 Board

18 replies [Last post]
Ben jamin'
Ben jamin''s picture
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago.

I wasn't in Bot Ball two years ago so this helps. So far we got stacking and possibly kelp.

YuSheng.Chen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago.

Do not linger on things you do not know. Innovate and keep learning.
One of the FLL core values state that the process of learning is more important than winning. So, what you discover preparing for the game is more important than winning or being at the game.

Jesus Arzapalo
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago.

I agree we will have great teams when we start trusting sensors instead of trying to make a perfect code. That code could be messed up easily by a ramming robot, sensors could stop that.

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago.

@YuSheng.Chen: Very nice use of the FLL Core values; all of them are completely true.

Also, those "yellow sticky notes" that you guys were talking about might not be sticky notes because if you look at their depth, they are 3-dimensional. So, they would be more like yellow foam/plastic cubes

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago.

Adding onto my last post, this year's FTC game board the teams have to stack these 2x2 inch cubes (with 9 holes in them on both sides) into these tiny baskets to score points; Botball might be doing something similar to this.

Also, I am starting to get the feeling that the board this year is going to be uneven... I do not think it will, however I am getting the feeling...

Brandon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago.

will the board be made out of the same material as the board that we are using now

AmandaPanda
AmandaPanda's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago.

I will say that maybe they showed us the yellow foam cubes, because there is going to be color sorting, which is a big aspect in Botball, and they have talked about it a lot.
@Brandon, I am pretty sure the board will still be what is has always had, in order to keep the robots running efficiently.

Amanda
PDCMS

Jazzy
User offline. Last seen 3 years 35 weeks ago.

You know what? I totally agree with you guys, but with those new "hangers" that have been put in the game, im thinking maybe that's a way of telling us these are worth serious points. I wanna do more research on these new stacking substitutes to see exactly HOW many points they're actually worth. I know the legal BOTBALL 2014 GAME BOARD clearly states that the hangers are worth "MEGA POINTS", but I think they might have exaggerated a little bit just to sound cool? So I totally agree with all of you, but until further research, I suggest maybe hold off on the statements and further thoughts. Thanks, and I suggest a group meeting and research to the fullest.~Jazzy:)~

~*Jazzy*<3