Botball 2014

3 replies [Last post]
amxnda
amxnda's picture
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago.

Hello, It's Amanda from PDCMS. How are you guys liking the new Botball game? I personally think it's a challenge in its own way, like the hangers. Another question, if bot guy wants to get in shape, why hangers?

-Amanda

Jeremy Rand
Jeremy Rand's picture
Title: Botball Youth Advisory Council
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago.

Hey Amanda,

I like the new game; I'm curious to see how people use the Xtion in their strategies. I think the game will be successful if there are multiple uses that people find for the Xtion.

(Full disclosure: I'm probably biased because I was involved in getting the Xtion to work with the Link.)

-Jeremy Rand
Senior Programmer, Team SNARC (2012-2013), Norman Advanced (2010-2011), Norman HS (2008-2009), Norman North (2005-2007), Whittier MS (2003-2004)
2012-2013 VP of Tech, 2011 President, Botball YAC (2009-2013)
Mentor, Alcott and Whittier MS

Jazzy
User offline. Last seen 3 years 35 weeks ago.

Hey Amanda. The new game actually to me looks relatively easy, we just need to find a way to make a universal claw design that CAN pick up hangers. I do agree on your second statement though. As much as the concept is cute and all, why hangers if there is an excersise bench? Maybe because athletes have a locker room, and they have hangers to hang up their clothes??? That's my prediction. I have a list on what we need

1. UNIVERSAL CLAW!!!!!!
2. COLOR SORTER!!!!(for the blue cube and Botguy)
3. BLUE PRINTS OR DESIGNS FOR A UNIVERSAL CLAW!!!!

These are the key TOP things we need. Any further questions please send me a comment. Hope I helped!!
~*Jazzy*<3

~*Jazzy*<3

AmandaPanda
AmandaPanda's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago.

I agree! What it is mainly based on is color sorting and the universal claw. However, I don't think it is THAT simple, because we will have to defend our robots and stop the other people from scoring points. So we would either have to..

1.) Make sure our robot gets to the points faster and more efficiently than theirs.

2.) Build a defence robot to protect our point. (energy chain or blocking robot)

I'm so happy about this years board, and ready to learn about color sorting!!

Amanda
PDCMS