Botball 2014 Kit Suggestions

44 replies [Last post]
Ben jamin'
Ben jamin''s picture
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago.

Well, Chad, I personally enjoy a good challenge. Challenge your brain to help it grow. And you need your brain to grow or else bad things will happen. Thinking on how to use each piece is fun! I like to do multiply designs/blueprints on a robot before I build it or talk to a team member about it. I like to have everything figure everything out. And using the challenge makes it more enjoyable. I don't know, I am weird! Anyway that's just my opinion.

~Ben Jamin'

YuSheng.Chen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago.

This is a MATURE forum
. Please only post things accordingly in the right threads. This thread is for suggestions, not debates.

YuSheng.Chen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago.

I don't have a link with me right now, but, I should go and open one up. I didn't build the link so I have no idea where the Bluetooth thing is and how to access it. If it is open when the link is open, then get a device and try to connect. Good question, I'll look into answering your question when I have time and get my hands on a Link.

Jesus Arzapalo
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago.

I would recommend springs. Also you should add the Xtion Pro sensor, if not you should ad d a new sonar sensor. Also like Harrison said I would recommend mirrors to be able to create a beacon. Also it could create some sort of connection between robots to follow each other.

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago.

Hi there, Harrison again. One of my classmates is looking into new chassis designs and he wants to ue the LEGO omni wheels, however they are not allowed in the Botball competition. May you add those because it enables all teams to, if they want to, think about, design, build, and program new and unique robots for the competition.

Thanks!

Ben jamin'
Ben jamin''s picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago.

Well, @Harrison Cassar, what you could do if you really wanted an omni wheel is you could try to build on. Maybe try to put two motors together in a way so it moves like a omni wheel.

amxnda
amxnda's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago.

I personally think that they need way better cameras. I can't use them for sensors because they are too shaky and not reliable.

-Amanda

AmandaPanda
AmandaPanda's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago.

New cameras are a good idea. I know that color sorting is a very big part of the tournament this year. We need good cameras, for better results.

Amanda
PDCMS

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago.

@AmandaTheSkater: The cameras in the kit I think are perfectly capable of doing simple color sorting if you want it to. Your problem with the shaking might just be coming from how you are attaching it to your robot or that you might have calibrated the camera wrong.

AmandaPanda
AmandaPanda's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago.

Yes, How you calibrate it is important too. I am hardly one to speak, since I do not know how you calibrate it, but you should ask someone.

Amanda
PDCMS