Ideas for Botball 2014 Robots

10 replies [Last post]
Chad Compton
Chad Compton's picture
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 4 years 4 weeks ago.

Hey guys I was wondering if you had any feed back for robots in the new 2014 board. Also do you guys have any more leaked info on the new board

Brandon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago.

I would build a stacking robot and a color sorting robot because I'm pretty sure there will be stacking and color sorting

Brandon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago.

I would build a stacking robot and a color sorting robot because I'm pretty sure there will be stacking and color sorting

Ashwin Chakraborty
User offline. Last seen 3 years 51 weeks ago.

well I am thinking about "imitating" LaQuintas robot.

YuSheng.Chen
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago.

I wouldn't because of the lack of vertical motion.

Ben jamin'
Ben jamin''s picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago.

There is another forum page on this. Please look before you guys post!

Jesus Arzapalo
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago.

I would build a color sorter/universal claw that can reach up at least 15 inches and can color sort effectively. If you make a universal claw you can add a color sorter onto it and it could score a lot depending on what the game is.

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago.

Well, what I am doing is creating a group of programs that will use sensors to aid any robot with movement. For example, I am going to use the IR Sensors for various tasks, such as following the line, detecting when something is really near, etc.

Harrison Cassar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago.

Also, just like Jesus said, create a universal claw that can aid you in many tasks that might be on the Botball game board.

What I am doing is creating a series of claw designs to help aid us in many different tasks. So, if color sorting were to be on the board (I am pretty sure it will be), I would have a sturdy, nice claw design that would be able to pick them (and I mean like poms or CUBES) up no problem.

Jazzy
User offline. Last seen 3 years 35 weeks ago.

Hey everyone! So I had a few questions on these new hangers on the new 2014 game board. First off, I think the new game is simple and all the tasks can simply be done. How many points is Botguy on the excersize bench? I haven't been able to get on team homebase so I'm sorry if I seem an idiot. Also, the hangers, I think the might be replacing the pink and blue boosters. Isn't the excersize bench just a blue cube? I'm thinking it would be wise to start thinking of designs for a Universal Claw that will be able to pick up and stack hangers sufficiently. Just take it into consideration. Thanks!
*Jazzy*<3

~*Jazzy*<3

sharonscott
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago.

Can you share what have you done for that work? Really interested with it.

view more about us at iphysicsgames.com