User error, all OK - IDE 4.0.5 not seeing LINK 1.7

4 replies [Last post]
RiverValley_Joe
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 4 years 35 weeks ago.

At the workshop we were told to start up the IDE, THEN boot the LINK. Well, I cna't see LINK, seemingly no matter what I do! Help? Things were OK fine at the workshop on 1.5. Hey I am going to load that back into LINK and see!
--Joe

RiverValley_Joe
User offline. Last seen 4 years 35 weeks ago.

Um, "oops", it seems that is is NOT LINK firmware, rather was user error. When I have the LINK booted up BEFORE opening a file on the IDE, then the IDE DOES see the link. Maybe THAT"S what they were trying to tell me at the workshop!

Eli_Hutts
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago.

Hi all, we are a farely new team here and we could really use some help/advice on programming, we really aren't doing so hot at the time. we tried some programming we saw on another blog/comment but i guess some rules in the kiss programming document changed because it keeps showing errors. basically we just need some good starting programs like driving straight and im sure we will be on our way, if not we hope you can help us a little more.

Thank You

Eli_Hutts
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago.

please

dgoree
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 weeks ago.

Me and my team would be happy to help. This probably isn't the correct thread to do this on though, so could you start another one? Alternatively you could email me at daniel.botball@gmail.com.

In the meantime, here is a quick link to some code that will get a robot to drive straight-ish.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RYfZa9K0h96L_xdfCWDkR7qrUyitXOW5yVtO...

I put in some comments basically explaining how to code works.

-Daniel Goree
Former...
Senior Project Manager
President
Norman Advanced Robotics (13-0113)