Building Kiss 3.0.2 on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04)

3 replies [Last post]
cosbykid
Title: NooBot
User offline. Last seen 10 years 21 weeks ago.

I'm not sure if programming is the proper forum for this issue, but since I was unable to find a better location, I am going to post it here.

Upon attempting to build "kiss-targets" using the instructions found in the Readme.markdown
when executing the first command, (qmake -r) I receive a lot of warnings regarding
"unable to find file for inclusion kiss.pri"

I was wondering if this issue was resolvable and if anyone has been able to build this software on linux. If anyone has managed to build the new version of KISS on linux, the procedure which they followed would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
cosbykid

p.s. if anyone has gotten this working on a debian-based distribution, do they feel like packaging it so we don't have to build it? ;)

I pity the fool who eats my cereal.

Marty Rand
Marty Rand's picture
Title: Botball Youth Advisory Council
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago.

I don't know if it would be useful, but on KIPR's Github someone made a pull request with a changelog saying it fixed the linux build.

try this:

https://github.com/kipr/kiss/pull/17/files

-Marty Rand
{
Senior programmer at Norman Advanced Robotics

Former senior programmer at Whittier Middle School

Youth Advisory Council

All around nerd
}

ruler501
ruler501's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago.

Thats for regular kiss and is a fix for phonon's capitalization MarsEdge

The latest addition to the repository for kiss-targets though has new instructions and the fix for the issue so it should compile fine(It did for me)

EDIT: I'll see if I can make a package for Debian unstable. If I get that working and the problems with mint are fixed I'll make a package for Mint 12(Ubuntu 11.10)

cosbykid
User offline. Last seen 10 years 21 weeks ago.

EXCELLENT! Thank you so much for updating me on this.

I pity the fool who eats my cereal.